Recipe With Heart
Sweet n’ Sour Lemon Honey Salad Dressing Recipe
Sweet Honey Facts
- The bees decide the color and flavor of honey. It all depends on which types of flowers the bees gather honey from.
- One honey bee only produces about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime.
- Honey is naturally resistant to bacterial growth due to its low moisture content and high acidity.
Honey Storage, Prep, & Usage Tips
- If your honey crystalizes, place your tightly sealed honey jar in a container in the sink. Then fill up the container with hot water. As the water cools, keep repeating the process until the crystals disappear.
- Replace sugar in your coffee or tea with honey.
- If you get honey by the comb, don’t “bee” afraid of that beeswax! The wax is actually edible, and offers some nutritional value as well.
Lemon Honey Dressing
INGREDIENTS (♥ = Fresh from the Catskills!)
1 Tbsp. honey ♥
1 Tbsp. and 2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp. of finely chopped fresh thyme leaves ♥
1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and thyme.
- Then whisk in the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Sources for Facts & Recipe