Recipe With Heart
- A cup of sliced radishes is just 19 calories and has about 20% of your Vitamin C for the day.
- Radishes get spicier as the season progresses – late summer radishes are nice and spicy!
Keep refrigerated, Radishes will keep up to 2 weeks
Prep & Usage
- Slice off the radish greens…surprise, they’re edible (although quite spicy!)
- Scrub radish with a brush to clean
- Dice and add to your next salad for extra crunch
- Roasting and sautéing radishes removes the spiciness
- Excellent sautéed in stir fries or grilled
Chive Mustard Roasted Radishes
INGREDIENTS (♥ = Fresh from the Catskills!)
3 bunches (about 1 lb) radishes, washed and cut into halves or quarters ♥
2 Tbsp. (1 oz) butter, melted ♥
½ tsp. sea salt ♥
¼ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard (like Channery Hill Farm’s Roasted Garlic Whole Grain Mustard) ♥
1 Tbsp. chopped chives ♥
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a small bowl, add radishes, 1 Tbsp. butter, salt and pepper; stir to coat.
- Pour radishes onto a small baking sheet; roast for 25-30 minutes.
- In the same bowl, combine remaining butter, mustard and chives; mix well to combine.
- When radishes are done roasting, add them to a medium bowl; pour on butter-mustard mixture and stir to coat.
This recipe is used with permission from the cookbook: Natural Contents Good Food for Everyone: Farm Fresh Clean Eating, available as a printed cookbook or an e-book. Based in Narrowsburg, NY, Natural Contents provides guidance and inspiration for clean, healthy living. Find Natural Contents online, at Facebook, and on Instagram.